Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Can't Wait

I'm so excited!  I am participating in 2 i-spy square swaps.  Don't know what that is?  Well, let me explain. People get fabric with fun prints that kids can identify on them and cut them up into squares of equal size.  Depending on the swap coordinator the squares could be 4"x 4" or 5"x 5" or whatever size they pick.  The number of participants determines the number of squares.  Example:  I am doing a swap for 4"x 4" squares with 20 people.  We each cut out 20 squares from each fabric we choose.  This swap is for 10 fabrics.  Then we mail them to the coordinator who sorts them 1 square of each fabric per person.  Then they get mailed back to us.  For this swap I will end up getting 200 different squares of fabric.
Now you maybe asking, "why would you want all that different fabric?"  To make a quilt that you can use to play i-spy.
I thought this was a perfect idea for our family since the boys LOVE i-spy.

Here are the fabrics I chose for one of the swaps I'm in.






Here is my stack of fabrics that I sent... which should be the same amount of fabric I will be getting back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment