Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Great Birthday!

I had a wonderful, terrific, awesome birthday!
Chris was supposed to be stuck at the range all day, but got pulled off that assignment.  YAY!  He was able to come home for lunch (which is always nice).  Then he got released early!  Another YAY!  Especially since he has been getting released late recently.  
We decided to go to Carrabbas Italian Grill for dinner, because I wanted some place with a good dessert.  I remembered going there with Chris's family and getting dessert "shots."  So we ended up going slightly earlier than we normally eat dinner and got seated right away.  Dinner was delicious!  I love their Pollo Rosa Maria with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.  Yum!  Shaden is such a good eater and loved sharing my chicken and potatoes and of course some of Chris's pasta.  Then we asked about desserts.  Sad to say they aren't doing dessert "shots" any more.  BUT... We ordered this dessert called "Sogno Di Cioccolata."  OMG!!!!  It was sooooo very good!  It is two layers of rich fudge brownie with shaved chocolate crowned with chocolate mousse, topped with a little whipped cream and chocolate sauce.  We also added a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  It was heavenly.  I know what you are thinking... sounds like a lot of chocolate, it's probably too rich.  But it wasn't overly chocolate or too rich at all.  It was nice and creamy and oh so yummy.
While we were waiting for our dessert to come, an older gentleman came up to Chris and asked him if he was a soldier.  He started talking to Chris and telling him about what he did when he was in the army.  Then he said, "I would like to pay for your dinner."  My jaw nearly hit the floor.  He proceeded to thank Chris for serving in the military and tell him what a nice family he has and then he went back to his table with his friends.  After the uber yummy dessert came our waitress told us that our ticket was paid for by another patron and thanked us for coming.
After we left the restaurant we went over to Target and Chris bought me a Wii and Mario Kart!  I love it!  Mario Kart has been one of my favorite games since I was little and we had a Super Nintendo.  We got home and proceeded to play!
I am so grateful that I was able to spend the afternoon/evening with Chris and Shaden!  It was a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment