Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Easy Patient

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday.  We were running a little bit late because of traffic to get on post and construction around the hospital.  Thankfully my doctor was also running behind.  It seemed that her appointment before me was taking a lot longer than she thought it would.  This happened a few times with my appointments with Shaden.  It makes me wonder if I don't ask enough questions or if I'm just an easy patient.  
My family doesn't have any major illnesses and I am healthy and don't drink or smoke or do drugs, so I like to think I am an easy patient.  
Why I start wondering about this is because my appointment only lasted 10 minutes.  And that was with me asking a few questions.  
I'm not complaining at all.  I like to be the person that can help catch a doctor up to her schedule.  And my last doctor would always thank me for making her job easier.

Now for some news from the appointment.  The baby is healthy, in the right position, and has a strong heart beat.  And is due sooner than previously thought!  According to the early ultra sound the due date is now October 10, 2009.  I was a little shocked by this news.  I was thinking the doctor would tell me that the baby was due later than thought.

This is great news for one thing: Chris will be able to go to the 20 week ultra sound!  Which is now scheduled for next week.  Hopefully we will be able to find out if its a boy or a girl.  I like knowing.  Chris was really disappointed when he wasn't able to come to the first ultra sound and was also going to miss the next one, so this is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment