Monday, January 30, 2012

Name Signs

I love pinterest.  Have I mentioned that before?  So many fun ideas in one place.  I was thinking about all these neat things to craft and I was also thinking about registering Shaden for pre-school.  I decided I needed to do something to help Shaden learn to spell his name.  I wanted to make one of these cool name signs.  Example here, here, and here.  I've seen a bunch that use wooden letters covered in paint or fabric or scrapbook paper.  They turn out so cool, but I didn't want to scour the city trying to find all the different letters.
So the boys and I used what we had on hand.  Canvas, paints, a printer, scissors, and mod podge.  I think they turned out pretty good.  I had the boys paint the canvas.  Shaden picked yellow (of course, it's been his favorite for the past 2 years).  Jayce picked green (his favorite for the moment).  Then I printed and cut out the letters to their names.  Shaden helped me mod podge the letters on.  They added their hand prints and I sealed it with more mod podge.
We hung them up in their room above each bed.  Shaden loved to point to each letter and tell me how to spell his name.  This morning he even told me how to spell it without looking at the letters.  I was so proud!




No comments:

Post a Comment