Monday, January 30, 2012

Breckenridge Snow Carving

Every year Breckenridge, CO holds the annual Budweiser Snow Carving Championship.  Chris and I went a few years back with my parents and it was pretty amazing.  On Saturday we got to go again.  It is impressive to see the huge block of snow (20 tons) the teams start with and then to see what they have turned it into.  The weather was great.  It was nice and sunny, but still only 24 degrees; we bundled up and were fine.  

Jayce all bundled up, playing in the snow castle ruins.

Shaden all bundled up, playing in the snow.



Jayce said this sculpture looked like cheese.  
It made the people around us laugh pretty hard.

I think it would be a little cold on the bottom to ride this carousel.



Here we are standing in front of the block the sculptures start from.


My boys.



This one was my favorite.  They even did his claws out of ice.

The one downside to the whole day was the drive back to Denver... 2 multi-car accidents.  Ugh, we were stuck in traffic for an extra 3.5 hours.  And being the perfect mom that I am (sarcasm, if you couldn't read it), I forgot to bring a binki for Jayce.  He was cranky, stuck in his carseat, and tired, so he wanted a binki and to go to sleep.  Poor thing.  Also, poor Nanna and Papa (my parents) stuck in the car with a crying, cranky little guy and no way to help him.  We made it back to their house and grabbed a spare binki from them and the drive home was nice and quiet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment