Friday, May 27, 2011

Learning to Quilt

I ended up participating in 3 i-spy square swaps.  I now have 400 4"x 4" squares and 120 5"x5" squares.  So many CUTE fabrics!
Of course I couldn't learn to quilt by making a small quilt (that would have been the smart thing to do), I had to decide to make a twin comforter size quilt.  We will be getting Shaden a twin bed soon and I wanted him to have a quilt for it.
Chris helped me make a pattern using some 5"x5" and some 4"x4" squares.  I forgot to include the amount of seem allowances and had to add a bid here and there on the bottom, but so far I love it.
I just used basting spray and put the back, batting, and front together and safety pinned them together.  Hopefully I will attempt to quilt them together tonight.  I'm a little nervous.
Here are some pictures of my progress: 
Sorry the pictures aren't that good.  I've been working on this after the boys go to sleep.





I love the pickles!

This is the back.  
The main fabric is from Hancock Fabrics called Wild n' Wooly Giraffe Spots.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job on the I Spy quilt! Love how you have combined the 5" and 4" squares together in the same quilt. Can't wait to see your finished quilt:)

    ReplyDelete