Monday, March 21, 2011

Treasure boxes

The Disney channel recently changed their young kids programs.  They went from being Playhouse Disney to Disney Junior.  They added some new shows and of course kept some of the best ones like Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Chuggington, Special Agent Oso, and Jungle Junction.  Some of the new shows are Babar: The Adventures of Badou, Tinga Tinga Tales, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Shaden and Jayce both love all the shows.  Jake and the Neverland Pirates has captured Shaden's imagination especially.  He love to pretend to find treasure and say the pirate password.  I took Shaden with me to the crafts store the other day and we HAD to find treasures while we were there.  We found some great little wooden boxes and paint and fun treasures to go inside.
A few days later I let the boys paint their own treasure boxes.  It was fun and messy.





 I think they turned out great.  My little artists.  They had tons of fun mixing yellow and blue to make green.  And they also liked seeing the water in the bath turn gross colors when they washed the paint off.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new shows! Addy really likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I love that it's interactive and she's not just sitting there watching tv. She loves to look for treasures, and is always trying to keep captain hook from taking her toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am curious...even with the newspapers, how much paint ended up on the carpet? And walls?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprising enough no paint on carpet or walls, but there was an incident the next day with Shaden using my foundation make-up as paint on his bedroom wall.

    ReplyDelete