Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dinosaur Resource Center


On Thursday this week I took the boys to the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center.  Since we went in the middle of the day there was only 2 other families in the museum with us.  I loved that.  It meant my boys could wander around without bothering people.  The tour guides were super friendly and knowledgable.  The boys asked so many questions and were thrilled with all the cool dinosaur bones and fossils.  We were able to see one lady putting together a cast of a T-rex skeleton.  I learned somethings I didn't know.  Did you know there is a dinosaur named Denversaurus?  Or that the pterosaur Quetzalcoatlus had a wing span of around 50 feet?  That is huge!  We had a pretty good time.  












On the drive up we passed the Cave of the Winds and the Cave Dwellings.  Shaden saw a bit of the cave dwellings and got excited about the "houses in the rocks," so I think we might have to take a day and see those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment