Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Jayce's 2nd Birthday Party

I can't believe my baby is now 2!  Time has gone by so fast.  Jayce has his last well baby doctor's appointment scheduled for later this month.  I will post stats after that.  For Jayce's birthday party on Saturday we went up to my parents house and had a Mickey Mouse party.  Jayce loved the Mickey Mouse balloons and tablecloth.  He kept pointing out the characters and telling me about them.  I decided that I didn't want to make a cake... Mostly I didn't want to screw up the decorating part.  Instead I found these cupcakes on pinterest. (Have you tried pinterest.com yet?  LOVE IT)

So here are the cupcakes I made.

We got the boys Mickey ears to wear and gloves to play with.


Someone said something that made Jayce give them his crusty look.

Then he went to play and was happy again. :)

He didn't really want us to sing to him.  He just wanted to blow out the candles.

He blew them out all by himself.

Close up on the cupcakes.  I added two Werther's Originals under the cupcakes to look like Mickey's feet.

On Sunday, Jayce's actual Birthday, we got to stay home and listen to General Conference.  Before that began Jayce got to open a few more presents.  He got puzzles and Lego Duplos from Grandma and Grandpa.

And an awesome hat from Aunt Margaret and Uncle Nick.  This is his silly smile for that morning.

During Conference the boys played quietly and happily with the new Geo Trax set.

It was a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Geo Trax...those guys are geniuses. We got one for Linus for Christmas, it was a Toy Story 3 one where the bridge "blows up" (or just opens in the middle and the train comes crashing down) and when we get that out, it's instant entertainment for at least a good hour. Can't complain there. :-) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete