Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shaden's i-spy quilt

It took a while, but I finished Shaden's i-spy quilt.  This was my first quilt and I can't sew a straight line to save my life.  But I love it and I learned a lot.  After attempting free motion quilting and that being a disaster, I straight line quilted it.  I didn't make the bias tape that I used to bind the quilt, but found a perfect match at Joanna's.  The boys and I have had fun finding pictures and shouting out things they see.



 The quilt is sideways on our couch.

Some of the fun i-spy blocks.

This is the back.


Here's the binding.

For my next project I'm working on a car blanket.  It's like a car/train table, only it can be folded up and put out of the way.  This is one side... The boys were too excited to wait for me to finish.


2 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks wonderful! So glad to hear your boys are enjoying it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! both of those projects are awesome! I need to get going on something like that! You are such a sewing stud! Great work girl

    ReplyDelete