Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Standing & Sitting


Shaden is learning so much so FAST!  At the beginning of last week Shaden would only roll to get around, but on Friday he suddenly decided to crawl.  He still isn't very good at it and most of the time forgets that he has to move his arms and ends up face planting it.  :)  It's pretty cute to see.  I hope we can catch it on video before he gets too good.
Then while at my parent's house for the weekend we had to give him a bath.  I guess I wasn't quick enough with getting him into the tub, because I turn to stop the water and Shaden grabbed the tub and stood up.  I was shocked!  Then he let go and felt back.  I nearly had a panic attack.  My heart was racing.  I picked him up trying to comfort him, but all he wanted was to be in the tub.  Silly little guy.
On Monday I put Shaden in his crib for a nap, but he didn't want that.  He stood up in the crib, then forgot to hold on and fell back and hit his head on the side of the crib.  You know, they say you shouldn't have bumpers in the crib, but I'm really glad we have one.  It softened the blow.
  
Last night while fixing dinner, Chris was playing with Shaden and having Shaden crawl to him.  It was really cute.  After a bit Shaden decided he was done crawling and sat up.  That was the first time he has ever got to a sitting position by himself.  Yay!
He is amazing!

1 comment: